Inspiring Quotes – Some of My Favourites
Sometimes we need a bit of inspiration or motivation. These are some of my favourite Quotes that do just that, particularly when I need to readjust my perspective!
And I added a really great one below the list, that might get you thinking about how others think of you…and does it even matter?
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. —Maya Angelou
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. —Henry Ford
- Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda
- Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. —Mark Twain
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. —Henry Ford
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.——Albert Einstein
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. —Booker T. Washington
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on. —Sheryl Sandberg
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. —Anne Frank
- When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. —George Addair
- Nothing will work unless you do. —Maya Angelou
But I really love this one. Particularly the last bit.
“People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.